- Memento, 2000 - ★★★★ August 12, 2020Can't believe it's been 10 years since I last watched this. I love it. It's just as clever and engaging as the first time I saw it. I love the way it toys with noir conventions without being chained to the genre. Really unique and super clever. Good storytelling.
- Paranormal Activity, 2007 - ★★★½ August 12, 2020Can't believe it's been almost 7 years since I last watched this movie (apparently). I still love it quite a bit, even if Micah's weird masculine insecurities come out of nowhere toward the end of the movie. Despite that, I appreciate what this movie did (for better or worse) in reigniting the found footage craze. It's a cool passing of t […]
- Hearts Beat Loud, 2018 - ★★★½ August 12, 2020Really sweet movie about a father and daughter. Offerman and Clemons are fantastic in this. I really dug the music too.
- Rodan, 1956 - ★★★½ August 12, 2020I really appreciated the procedural aspect of the scientists trying to figure out what is causing all the death in the mines. In that stage of the movie, it worked really well to hold my interest and genuinely scare me with the reveal of the larvae creatures. They were disgusting but you can't look away.As the movie transitioned into the actual Rodan ph […]
- Mothra vs. Godzilla, 1964 - ★★★★ August 11, 2020Surprised how much I enjoyed this after struggling a bit with Mothra (1961) a while ago. The destruction is fantastic and the match-up between Mothra and Godzilla is impressive. Mothra is a much more formidable opponent than I expected, even after enjoying the destruction she wrought in her movie. The other battle that ends the movie is great as well. I love […]
- Tokyo Story, 1953 - ★★★★ August 11, 2020The way these characters are played so earnestly and the way this family's dynamic feels so real make this an absolutely incredible movie.
- Memento, 2000 - ★★★★ August 12, 2020
Daily Archives: February 12, 2013
Hello. I’m the Obsessive Viewer. Welcome.
I decided to start this blog because more and more people are embracing an addiction to screens and with far more viewing options than we’ve ever had before, it’s really easy to get a fix.
We’re living in a time where the entertainment industry is competing with rapidly evolving technology to deliver content as conveniently as possible. People are watching Boardwalk Empire on tablets on the commute to work. They’re watching The Avengers while jogging on the treadmill and streaming Netflix on their lunch break.
We are no longer shackled by arbitrary schedules and show times. And the amount of content at our fingertips is extraordinarily overwhelming.
So allow me to use this blog to be your enabler. My goal is to help feed your addiction with thoughts, recommendations and general discussions about entertainment news and the various movies and TV shows I’m consuming at any given time.
Don’t be afraid to join the discussion and be sure to follow me on my various social media pages. The links can be found in the About the Blog section of the menu at the top. I’ll get all the links put up soon.