One day last month I had an impromptu double feature with Mean Girls and Easy A. It’s not a stretch to figure out why these two go well together. They’re both comedies about female protagonists dissecting and disrupting the hierarchy of high school life. They’re a natural fit. Which one is better, though? Read on to find out.
- Zootopia, 2016 - ★★★★ November 14, 2019This was my first time seeing Zootopia since I saw it in the theater in March 2016. At the time, I wasn't very impressed with it and felt like it was too on the nose with its social commentary.Rewatching it in 2019, three years into the Trump administration, I gained a totally new appreciation for this movie. I love the way it communicates its themes, d […]
- Inside Out, 2015 - ★★★★★ November 13, 2019Been a few years since I've seen this and man, it is wonderful. Complex concepts beautifully and ingeniously realized. Incredible.
- Alice in Wonderland, 1951 - ★★★½ November 13, 2019First time seeing it. Alice in Wonderland is freaking terrifying.
- Bambi, 1942 - ★★★ November 13, 2019Closing out a long first day of Disney+. Really impressed with the service itself.This was my first time seeing Bambi. Admittedly, I was pretty tired but I liked it pretty well. Classic Disney 2D animation is just gorgeous.
- Aladdin, 1992 - ★★★★ November 13, 2019Watched on Tuesday November 12, 2019.
- The Lion King, 1994 - ★★★★★ November 12, 2019Hadn't seen this in many years. Obviously holds up spectacularly well and is absolutely one of my favorite movies of all time.Funny story, though. A week and a half ago I saw a local production of Hamlet for the first time. Then, today, while watching The Lion King, I remembered it was pretty much a retelling of a Shakespeare play. I, someone who just s […]
- Zootopia, 2016 - ★★★★ November 14, 2019