There’s something surprisingly endearing about watching the beautiful Brit Marling take a bite out of a half-eaten apple she just pulled out of the trash. I found myself pondering these strange occurrences throughout The East. I’m guessing most of the audience felt the same way, and I’m also guessing the filmmakers are happy about that. I’m not sure I’ve ever really seen a movie like The East; which I mean in the most complimentary of ways. Continue reading
- Pet Sematary, 2019 - ★★ July 17, 2019I'm shocked that my immediate, out of the theater, rating of this movie was 3.5 stars. We didn't get around to reviewing it on Tower Junkies when it was in theaters. Now that it's available on digital, we're rectifying that tonight. I'll edit this with a link to the episode once I get it posted on Friday(ish). But wow, 3.5 stars was […]
- Inglourious Basterds, 2009 - ★★★★ July 16, 2019Watched on Monday July 15, 2019.
- Blockers, 2018 - ★★★★ July 14, 2019Watched on Saturday July 13, 2019.
- Leaving Neverland, 2019 - ★★★★ July 13, 2019I watched most of Part 1 a couple weeks ago and just now brought myself to finish it and watch Part 2. It's a hard documentary to watch because the subjects lay everything on the table. It's harrowing and feels like it has the most definitive answers we will get about Michael Jackson, the child sexual abuser. More importantly, Leaving Neverland ser […]
- Stuber, 2019 - ★★★ July 11, 2019Watched on Wednesday July 10, 2019.
- Spider-Man: Far from Home, 2019 - ★★★½ July 6, 2019Some things I liked a whole hell of a lot. Other things, not so much. It isn't as strong as Homecoming, but it holds its own pretty well in the wake of Endgame.
- Pet Sematary, 2019 - ★★ July 17, 2019