I had six hours to kill last weekend and had a hankering for some Francis Ford Coppola. So I popped in The Godfather and gave it my first viewing since 2009. After the movie, I was tempted to just pop in The Godfather Part II but I resisted. Not for any reason in particular. I love The Godfather Part II and will definitely give it a rewatch soon, while its predecessor is still fresh in my mind.
- Friday the 13th Part 2, 1981 - ★★★ October 19, 2020Didn't pay close enough attention to this, so my rating may change the next time I see it. For now, I like the way the story of Jason has turned into a campfire legend. And I enjoy the POV shots of Jason stalking his victims as a way of continuing the aesthetic of the first movie.
- Vertigo, 1958 October 15, 2020Movie 2 of Heartland's Hitchcock Night! Gotta admit, I didn't pay as close attention to this since it was late. It's my second or third time seeing it but it's been a while. So I'm not going to rate it. Still, a really fun night at Heartland.
- Rear Window, 1954 - ★★★★★ October 15, 2020First time seeing a movie on the big screen since March 11th. Weather was perfect (a little chilly and breezy) and the atmosphere was awesome.
- Friday the 13th, 1980 - ★★★ October 14, 2020Cracked open the new set tonight. It's been a while since I've seen F13. Got a little tired toward the end. But there's something about the characters and sort of straightforwardness of the movie that just works for me. I dug it. Looking forward to Jason's "actual" debut soon.
- Totally Under Control, 2020 - ★★★★½ October 11, 2020"Our manager failed us."This documentary lays out the many failures of the Trump administration's reaction to covid-19. There is a lot of insight into things that have been covered ad nauseum over the last several months. However, the focus of the documentary isn't to pit Republicans vs Democrats in an election year crisis. Its focus is i […]
- The Lie, 2018 - ★★½ October 10, 2020A solid enough thriller with some good performances from the 3 leads. Parts of it (like the motivations of some characters) are kept a little too vague for plot purposes. But overall, not horrible.
- Friday the 13th Part 2, 1981 - ★★★ October 19, 2020