Throughout Shocktober, I plan on writing about a ton of different movies. Some of them I watch every year and some will be first viewings. To kick off Shocktober, I chose something familiar. A staple of the Shocktober holiday for me. The Strangers…
- Sometimes They Come Back, 1991 - ★★★ January 15, 2021Rewatched this while working from home solely because I've been working on a Top 19 Stephen King Movie/TV Works list for an eventual Tower Junkies episode.It's currently at my number 19 spot on my list. I really don't know if it's because there's such a glut of sub-par/objectively terrible King adaptations out there or if Sometimes T […]
- The Vast of Night, 2019 - ★★★★ January 13, 2021Watched on Wednesday January 13, 2021.
- Superbad, 2007 - ★★★★½ January 6, 2021Watched on Tuesday January 5, 2021.
- Jexi, 2019 - ★½ January 1, 2021Last movie of 2020, specifically because I started the year with a rewatch of Her.This movie was terrible. Some of the vulgar humor worked for me. The "sex" scene with Jexi surprisingly made me laugh quite a bit. And it was refreshing to see Adam Devine in a likable role, even if everything in the movie is absurd and over the top. It probably would […]
- The Last Blockbuster, 2020 - ★★★★½ December 24, 2020Finally got around to watching this. What a delightful documentary covering a piece of our culture that has all but become extinct. The nostalgia trip that this doc provides is so wonderful.But the most satisfying and fascinating thing about The Last Blockbuster is how much it's about how this massive corporation that was once a dominant force in its in […]
- The Christmas Chronicles: Part Two, 2020 - ★★ December 24, 2020Cheer or fear? Belsnickel is here! I judge your Netflix sequel…as impish!The first Christmas Chronicles was fun, cheesy, and overly sentimental. Basically, everything I want in a Christmas movie. Part Two becomes a bit too wrapped up in its lore and doing cutesy North Pole stuff, though. It loses sight of what made the first one so solid and doesn't giv […]
- Sometimes They Come Back, 1991 - ★★★ January 15, 2021