OBSESSIVE NOTE: Mike is the biggest Horror movie fan I know. His approach to Shocktober this year is more laid back than it has been in years passed. It should be, considering he’s getting married next weekend. Despite his extremely busy schedule, he has agreed to share his Shocktober 2013 experience with all of us. Here is the first installment of Mike’s Shocktober Journal entries. You can find Mike on Twitter @IAmMikeWhite and hear him on The Obsessive Viewer Podcast!
- Pitch Perfect, 2012 - ★★★★ August 10, 2020Watched on Monday August 10, 2020.
- Project Power, 2020 August 10, 2020Embargoed
- Sputnik, 2020 - ★★★½ August 10, 2020Watched on Sunday August 9, 2020.
- Boys State, 2020 - ★★★★ August 9, 2020The passion for politics that resides within the kids of Boys State is inspiring. Despite the majority of them holding political ideologies that I adamantly oppose, there's a tinge of hope that permeates through Boys State. In it, we see kids who are passionate about government and passionate about the political process with a fire that most people don […]
- An American Pickle, 2020 - ★★ August 8, 2020Not that funny and pretty disjointed. The fish out of water premise is abandoned for a satirical take on capitalism and the American dream. As a satire, it falls pretty flat. It makes broad swipes at social media mobs and the court of public opinion without having much of anything to say about it beneath its surface level bits.Ben and Herschel are solid enou […]
- Blast from the Past, 1999 - ★★★ August 7, 2020Loved this movie while I was growing up. It still has its charms, but the pacing is pretty off and the ending doesn't really land in any memorable way. But the comedy with Brendan Fraser's naivete is pretty fun.
- Pitch Perfect, 2012 - ★★★★ August 10, 2020