Yikes. I did not watch hardly any TV this week. This is highly unusual for me. I should explain that I had a very busy week and Shocktober viewings took precedence over television. As a result, I watched three things. Read my thoughts below and prepare yourselves for a much longer entry next weekend seeing as I will have plenty of catching up to do this week. Continue reading
- Love, Antosha, 2019 - ★★★★½ November 19, 2019I should not have watched this at work. It's heartbreaking and incredibly insightful into who Anton Yelchin was and the talent that left the world when he passed away.Tons of footage is used to immortalize Yelchin's spirit and is combined with truly beautiful accounts from his friends and colleagues about him. This documentary is such a beautiful l […]
- Tell Me Who I Am, 2019 - ★★★½ November 19, 2019Uniquely structured doc about two twin men and a dark secret between them. It's divided into three "acts" with each brother's perspective being the focus of the act. Act three brings both of them together for a heartbreaking piece of catharsis.The details of their story are a little hard to hear and your heart just breaks for them. Howeve […]
- Arctic, 2018 - ★★★½ November 19, 2019As a survival movie, Arctic manages to be pretty impressive. There are a couple things I wish had better payoff, but the emotional journey is one of the movie's strengths. I really appreciated the way it just drops us into the story.Slight issues with the story and some narrative choices aside, Mads Mikkelsen's performance is incredible.
- Making Waves: The Art of Cinematic Sound, 2019 - ★★★ November 18, 2019Engaging doc about a part of filmmaking that can be overlooked by more casual viewers. A lot of good information and big names for the talking heads.
- Noelle, 2019 - ★★★ November 18, 2019Honestly not as bad as I was expecting. It's a pretty standard feel-good Christmas movie with some questionable visual effects (looking at you, Snow Cone).Surprised at how much I enjoyed Billy Eichner's subplot and pretty disappointed with how little the movie gives to Bill Hader. It would have been a 2.5 star rating but Anna Kendrick is charming e […]
- Beauty and the Beast, 1991 - ★★★★ November 17, 2019Incredible voice acting and absolutely stunning animation. Really great.
- Love, Antosha, 2019 - ★★★★½ November 19, 2019