In “Men, Women & Children”, director Jason Reitman navigates the waters of human relationships and delivers a poignant and witty film about how we conduct ourselves in “private.” The movie takes the perspective of several teenagers and their parents who all intersect here and there in a Texas town. The movie was adapted from the novel of the same name by Chuck Kultgen. Continue reading
- Together Together, 2021 - ★★★★ May 10, 2021Very charming
- The Circus, 1928 - ★★★★ May 5, 2021Watched on Tuesday May 4, 2021.
- Welcome to Monterey - ★★★½ May 4, 2021Very charming and sweet look at a very small, tight knit community. The documentary shows the daily lives of a small town with a population of 218 people, explores pivotal moments in the town's history, and ruminates on its future and (by extension) the future of all small town American life.Digital screening as part of Indy Film Fest 2021Welcome to Mon […]
- Paths of Glory, 1957 - ★★★★½ May 3, 2021Stunning
- The Searchers, 1956 - ★★½ May 3, 2021As a piece of film history and a look at some epic John Ford filmmaking, The Searchers works well enough. There are some absolutely breathtaking shots of open landscape and horse riding. But the story is a drag for me and & although this is regarded as one of (if not the) best John Wayne performance, he and the character don't really do much. In par […]
- Sunshine, 2007 - ★★★★★ April 25, 2021Still adore this movie. Watched for my 12th(!!) movie commentary recording this year for The Obsessive Viewer's Patreon.
- Together Together, 2021 - ★★★★ May 10, 2021