Last night The Walking Dead aired its midseason finale, “Coda.” I, like many other television viewers, utilize technology (DVRs, video services online like Amazon and iTunes) to watch the latest episodes of my favorite shows at my leisure. So you can imagine my disappointment when AMC’s official Facebook page for The Walking Dead posted a gigantic spoiler for the end of the episode at 9:59 PM EST and then re-shared it to their feed around 1 AM, presumably after the west coast feed aired. Continue reading
- Memento, 2000 - ★★★★ August 12, 2020Can't believe it's been 10 years since I last watched this. I love it. It's just as clever and engaging as the first time I saw it. I love the way it toys with noir conventions without being chained to the genre. Really unique and super clever. Good storytelling.
- Paranormal Activity, 2007 - ★★★½ August 12, 2020Can't believe it's been almost 7 years since I last watched this movie (apparently). I still love it quite a bit, even if Micah's weird masculine insecurities come out of nowhere toward the end of the movie. Despite that, I appreciate what this movie did (for better or worse) in reigniting the found footage craze. It's a cool passing of t […]
- Hearts Beat Loud, 2018 - ★★★½ August 12, 2020Really sweet movie about a father and daughter. Offerman and Clemons are fantastic in this. I really dug the music too.
- Rodan, 1956 - ★★★½ August 12, 2020I really appreciated the procedural aspect of the scientists trying to figure out what is causing all the death in the mines. In that stage of the movie, it worked really well to hold my interest and genuinely scare me with the reveal of the larvae creatures. They were disgusting but you can't look away.As the movie transitioned into the actual Rodan ph […]
- Mothra vs. Godzilla, 1964 - ★★★★ August 11, 2020Surprised how much I enjoyed this after struggling a bit with Mothra (1961) a while ago. The destruction is fantastic and the match-up between Mothra and Godzilla is impressive. Mothra is a much more formidable opponent than I expected, even after enjoying the destruction she wrought in her movie. The other battle that ends the movie is great as well. I love […]
- Tokyo Story, 1953 - ★★★★ August 11, 2020The way these characters are played so earnestly and the way this family's dynamic feels so real make this an absolutely incredible movie.
- Memento, 2000 - ★★★★ August 12, 2020