Premise: A self-destructive punk rocker struggles with sobriety while trying to recapture the creative inspiration that led her band to success.Continue reading
- Oliver & Company, 1988 - ★★★ November 17, 2019Watched on Sunday November 17, 2019.
- The Fox and the Hound, 1981 - ★★★★ November 17, 2019First time, long time. The Fox and the Hound is such a beautiful story with some really heavy-duty messages about friendship and the very real and natural way people drift apart. I appreciate the hell out of this movie for sticking to its theme and story so well and not going for the easy resolution.This is another example of classic Disney animated animals […]
- Mike Wallace Is Here, 2019 - ★★★½ November 16, 2019Interesting overview of Mike Wallace's career and impact on the world of journalism. The parts I found most interesting were the comments of his colleagues and contemporaries regarding the journalistic integrity of 60 Minutes and the rise of countless other television magazine news programs. Unfortunately it's a small portion of this feature length […]
- The Last Black Man in San Francisco, 2019 - ★★★★ November 16, 2019I was really taken with this depiction of gentrification, racial/masculine identity crisis, and the desire to reclaim what was once yours. It's a bit reminiscent of last year's Blindspotting, but filmmaker Joe Talbot gives his very distinct touch to it.There's something to Jimmie Fails' performance that really resonated with me. His calm […]
- Finding Dory, 2016 - ★★★½ November 15, 2019Watched on Friday November 15, 2019.
- Diane, 2018 - ★★★½ November 15, 2019What a gut-punch of a movie. Mary Kay Place gives such a deeply nuanced performance that elicits so much sympathy out of the audience. Bleak and honest with a final scene that hits really hard.
- Oliver & Company, 1988 - ★★★ November 17, 2019