- Captain Marvel, 2019 - ★★★★ March 5, 2021Holds up well. Super fun with some cool action.
- Wet Hot American Summer, 2001 - ★★★★ March 2, 2021Watched on Monday March 1, 2021.
- Cléo from 5 to 7, 1962 - ★★★½ February 23, 2021Beautiful movie. It took a while for me to really get into it but the complete shift in Cleo's day is really well showcased. The ending worked very well for me.
- Ikiru, 1952 - ★★★★★ February 22, 2021Watched on Sunday February 21, 2021.
- Apt Pupil, 1998 - ★★ February 6, 2021Part of my low rating may be due to having just finished re-reading the novella before watching this for the first time. King is very hard to adapt and Apt Pupil makes a solid effort. Some things are streamlined, some dropped entirely. The finished product is just okay, though. I very rarely connected with Brad Renfro's performance. It seems like the ma […]
- The Swerve, 2018 - ★★½ February 4, 2021Watched on Wednesday February 3, 2021.
- Captain Marvel, 2019 - ★★★★ March 5, 2021
Search Results for: month in movies
May was a bit of a return to form for me, as far as movies are concerned. I managed to get 30 viewings into the month and an astonishing (for me) 5 theater viewings. Unfortunately for my bank account, it … Continue reading
April was a surprisingly disappointing month. Maybe this is becoming the norm for me? I can’t account for why I’ve watched so few movies or why I feel like I should shoot for a minimum of 30 a month, apparently. … Continue reading
I am the worst. I waited until the last day of April to post my breakdown of March’s movie viewing habits. April was a busy month, though. We are far past the procrastination stages of getting our table prepared for … Continue reading
Total Viewings: 13 First Viewings: 5 Theater Viewings: 2 Money Spent on Movies/TV: $86.13 Click here for a chronological list of the movies I watched in February.
Total Viewings: 19 First Viewings: 12 Theater Viewings: 3 So January in 2014 wasn’t nearly as productive as last year in terms of movies watched. To be fair, however, last January was one of the best months I’ve ever had … Continue reading
I closed out 2013 with a December that consisted of 20 viewings. Of those 20 viewings, only 8 were “first viewings” and 3 were trips to the theater. It was a pretty mellow way to close out the year. It … Continue reading
I had a mediocre movie-watching month last month. But that’s secondary to the fact that I have eviscerated my previous movie-watching numbers. With a few weeks left in 2013, I have already had the best year in terms of movies … Continue reading
My friends and I have been dedicating the month of October to the horror genre and calling it Shocktober for several years now. I started this blog in February and from the start I was excited about sharing my Shocktober … Continue reading
I am really late with this but, alas, here is my breakdown of the movies I watched in September. I had 11 viewings last month and was fully prepared to go on the defensive. I was going to talk about … Continue reading
August was a slow month for me when it comes to my movie watching. Historically speaking, it’s a slow month for me anyways. In years past I had the start of school drastically cutting back my numbers. Not to mention, … Continue reading
July was another stellar month for me in terms of the amount of movies watched. My 29 viewings beat my previous record of 25 in 2010. It was a big improvement over last year’s all time low of 12 viewings. … Continue reading
I had a pretty good June as far as movie-watching is concerned. I didn’t break any records (2008 – 25 viewings) but I did triple my numbers from last year’s paltry 6 viewings. I made good progress in my Bond … Continue reading
May was a disappointment for me in terms of the amount of movies I watched. It was the first month of 2013 that wasn’t a “record breaker.” My 20 viewings last month barely beat my 19 viewings in May 2012. … Continue reading
After consulting my movies watched lists from previous years, I’m happy to announce April 2013 was my best April since I start tracking my viewing habits in 2007. That makes it the 4th consecutive “best month” this year. This time … Continue reading