Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
- On the Basis of Sex, 2018 - ★★ January 23, 2019I went into this movie at a disadvantage because it was right after work and I was already pretty tired. But even if I was operating at 100%, I don't think I would have enjoyed On the Basis of Sex any more. I'm kind of over the pandering, award bait biopic/historical drama that diminishes a cause, an idea, or a figure in an effort to play into a bu […]
- Pardon Us, 1931 - ★★★ January 22, 20192019 Weekly Comedy Challenge: 4/52 - (Week 4: A comedy featuring a male comedy duo.) Week 4 of the 2019 Weekly Comedy Challenge ended up being my first Laurel & Hardy movie. Which is perfect, since I plan on watching Stan & Ollie very soon. Pardon Us was Laurel & Hardy's first feature length comedy. They are sent to prison after being caught […]
- The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot, 2018 January 22, 2019Review under embargo. I'll update this review closer to the film's release. Will also post review on ObsessiveViewer.com.
- Short Circuit, 1986 - ★½ January 21, 2019Birth Year Challenge - #3 of 32 Eh. Short Circuit is an over the top, silly sci-fi comedy that feels like it's a knock-off of ET and nothing more. Only instead of taking what worked so well in ET (the point of view of a child, divorced parent home life), Short Circuit plays to the cheap seats and makes the central character a...lonely woman? It didn […]
- Flight of the Navigator, 1986 - ★★½ January 21, 2019Birth Year Challenge - #2 of 32 Flight of the Navigator is a perfectly fine, cute sci-fi adventure movie. Paul Reubens is super fun as Max and Joey Cramer does a fine job as David. I really enjoyed the visual effects. There is some pretty cool early CGI used in the movie. The technology has come so far in the last 32 years, but seeing it in 80s movies always […]
- Fatty's Tintype Tangle, 1915 - ★★½ January 21, 20192019 Weekly Comedy Challenge: 3/52 - (Week 3: A silent comedy that doesn't star Chaplin, Keaton, or Lloyd.) Since this was only 27 minutes long, I'm not actually logging it in my film diary. My film diary is for feature length movies since my friends and I stat track our movie watching. Nevertheless, Fatty's Tintype Tangle is another fun and e […]
- On the Basis of Sex, 2018 - ★★ January 23, 2019