In the early hours of New Year’s Day 2009, 22 year old Oscar Grant was detained with a group of friends by BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) police officers in Oakland, California. In view of a crowd of onlookers with cell phones and digital cameras in hand, an officer detaining him shot Oscar in the back.
- Misery, 1990 - ★★★★ May 17, 2020Watched on Saturday May 16, 2020.
- Sometimes They Come Back, 1991 - ★★★ May 2, 2020Not as bad as I expected. The short story is one of my favorites from Night Shift and I think it translates well into a 90 minute movie. This is very much a product of its era but pretty solid.
- Spaceship Earth, 2020 - ★★★ May 2, 2020Watched on Friday May 1, 2020.
- Doctor Sleep, 2019 - ★★★★½ April 29, 2020Watched on Tuesday April 28, 2020.
- Alien, 1979 - ★★★★½ April 27, 2020Watched on Sunday April 26, 2020.
- Vivarium, 2019 - ★★ April 26, 2020I was really into the Twilight Zone feel of this movie. In particular, it feels like a Richard Matheson story. The introduction of the kid is interesting. But ultimately it feels like it's too dependent on its surreal concept. As a result, characters fall by the wayside. I didn't feel connected to Tom and Gemma. When the tension ramped up between t […]
- Misery, 1990 - ★★★★ May 17, 2020