- The Circus, 1928 - ★★★★ May 5, 2021Watched on Tuesday May 4, 2021.
- Welcome to Monterey - ★★★½ May 4, 2021Very charming and sweet look at a very small, tight knit community. The documentary shows the daily lives of a small town with a population of 218 people, explores pivotal moments in the town's history, and ruminates on its future and (by extension) the future of all small town American life.Digital screening as part of Indy Film Fest 2021Welcome to Mon […]
- Paths of Glory, 1957 - ★★★★½ May 3, 2021Stunning
- The Searchers, 1956 - ★★½ May 3, 2021As a piece of film history and a look at some epic John Ford filmmaking, The Searchers works well enough. There are some absolutely breathtaking shots of open landscape and horse riding. But the story is a drag for me and & although this is regarded as one of (if not the) best John Wayne performance, he and the character don't really do much. In par […]
- Sunshine, 2007 - ★★★★★ April 25, 2021Still adore this movie. Watched for my 12th(!!) movie commentary recording this year for The Obsessive Viewer's Patreon.
- Mortal Kombat, 2021 - ★★★ April 24, 2021Enjoyed the violence. The editing of the fight sequences was a bit too erratic and cross cutting among 3 or 4 different match ups felt a bit too chaotic. But there's some cool violence and action.
- The Circus, 1928 - ★★★★ May 5, 2021
Tag Archives: Final Season
Tonight my pick for television’s most consistently funny sitcom begins its final season. The 9th season of CBS’s How I Met Your Mother will see vast changes to the storytelling structure of the show. The entire season will take place over one weekend with various jumps forwards and backwards in time. Adding to the changes, we now have the Mother cast and ready to win the hearts of the HIMYM fan base and Ted.
It’s going to be sad to see HIMYM take its final bow, but it’s also a time to celebrate. In honor of tonight’s premiere, I have compiled a list of my favorite HIMYM episodes. I was originally going to confine myself to a ten-episode list but after 8 seasons that is just impossible. Instead, I’ve chosen two episodes from each season to put into the pantheon of great sitcom episodes.
You can read my list below. It would have been far too difficult to rank these episodes, so for the sake of my sanity I’m presenting them in chronological order.
Let me know what episodes you would include and why in the comments below or on Twitter @ObsessiveViewer. You can also like the blog on Facebook and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes. Continue reading