- The Lovebirds, 2020 - ★★½ May 30, 2020Serviceable comedy. I dug the depiction of the relationship and thought Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae had good chemistry. The mystery just wasn't engaging and the sequence of events the characters go through throughout the movie just didn't do much for me nor did it feel like it tracked particularly well.
- The Wizard of Oz, 1939 - ★★★★ May 28, 2020Stunning, sweet, and whimsical.
- My Dinner with Andre, 1981 - ★★ May 27, 2020I feel like I missed something here. I appreciate the acting and the very fluid and natural dialogue. But ultimately I felt like it was a bit of a blowhard of a movie. Andre and Wally talk for two hours and it's reasonably engaging. But it feels like it circles profound topics without really diving into them.
- Gremlins, 1984 - ★★★½ May 27, 2020Super charming and fun. Gizmo is adorable and the escalation toward total chaos is really solid.
- It, 2017 - ★★★★½ May 26, 2020Watched on Monday May 25, 2020.
- Misery, 1990 - ★★★★ May 17, 2020Watched on Saturday May 16, 2020.
- The Lovebirds, 2020 - ★★½ May 30, 2020
Tag Archives: Michael Kenneth Williams
Well, summer is winding to a close and television fans are starting to look toward the fall TV season. Here I’ve made a list of the shows I am looking forward to the most and a few new series that have piqued my interest. Obviously I can’t cover them all, so let me know what shows you’re most looking forward to this fall. Continue reading