I had six hours to kill last weekend and had a hankering for some Francis Ford Coppola. So I popped in The Godfather and gave it my first viewing since 2009. After the movie, I was tempted to just pop in The Godfather Part II but I resisted. Not for any reason in particular. I love The Godfather Part II and will definitely give it a rewatch soon, while its predecessor is still fresh in my mind.
- Unicorn Store, 2017 - ★★★★ April 2, 2020I'm just realizing right now I might hate rainbows. Oh my God, me too. Let's just keep this really real and grounded.Wait. You guys do realize...sorry, rainbows are real.I am really surprised how charmed I was by Unicorn Store. This movie is a whimsical take on confronting adulthood and adult responsibilities when life crushes your soul and aspirat […]
- The Little Hours, 2017 - ★★½ April 2, 2020It wants to be irreverent, satirical, and inappropriate but it just doesn't try hard enough on any of those fronts.
- Little Monsters, 2019 - ★★★ April 1, 2020Very charming zombie comedy. Lupita Nyong'o is super endearing and there's really good chemistry with Alexander England. Josh Gad steals the show and helps cement the tone of the movie by being over the top in a fun way.
- Search Party, 2014 - ★½ April 1, 2020A really lazy and dumb comedy. The script is so bland and the hijinks are completely unearned. The comedy set pieces lack basic cohesion with the plot. No work was put into making the plot (derivative as all hell) endearing or even logical.There are a ton of recognizable people in the cast and the movie would have been far more enjoyable if they were given t […]
- First Kid, 1996 - ★½ March 27, 2020Everything about this movie feels phoned in. Sinbad is fun but it really feels like large swathes of the script is just "have Sinbad improv exasperation" instead of trying anything interesting. Every narrative beat is painfully obvious, even for a kid-friendly Disney movie.
- Treasure Planet, 2002 - ★★★½ March 27, 2020Really liked this sci-fi pirate tale. Animation is gorgeous and the set pieces are really mesmerizing. The story is a bit predictable at times but that's a small complain.
- Unicorn Store, 2017 - ★★★★ April 2, 2020