Here’s the latest ep of The Obsessive Viewer Podcast, released a little early on account of the Thanksgiving holiday! This one was one of my favorite episodes to record. We had a really great discussion about a ton of different movies and how they depicted real world tragedy in movies. As I mention in the intro, make sure you guys […]
Here’s the latest ep of The Obsessive Viewer Podcast, released a little early on account of the Thanksgiving holiday! This one was one of my favorite episodes to record. We had a really great discussion about a ton of different movies and how they depicted real world tragedy in movies.
I hope you enjoy this episode and I hope you check out PodcastLand.com for a very comprehensive collection of podcasts you can listen to. While you’re there, vote for us for Podcast of the Month! It would mean a lot to us.
Don’t forget to rate us and review us on iTunes as well!
11/27 – Episode 28 – Tragedy on the Screen, The Heat, @Midnight and Silent Night
(To download directly: Right Click the Above Link –> Save Link As to Download)
Matt, Tiny and Mike discuss the onscreen depictions of historically tragic events. The conversation includes a review of The American Film Company’s Parkland, Tiny shares stories about visiting Poland and how it affected the way he feels about Schindler’s List and Mike and Matt debated artistic license in Fruitvale Station.
After the topic, the guys unwind with a potpourri section that includes Tiny’s review of The Heat, Mike’s thoughts on the horror remake Silent Night and Matt’s excitement for Key and Peele & @Midnight.
- Parkland – 5:48
- Schindler’s List – 11:47
- Reign Over Me & Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close – 29:20
- World Trade Center v. United 93 – 36:53
- Remember Me – 40:22
- Hunger – 44:15
- Fruitvale Station – 51:39
- OV Potpourri – 1:01:53 (The Heat, Silent Night, Key and Peele & @Midnight)
- “Doubting Landesman” – Slate Article about Peter Landesman: (http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/press_box/2004/01/doubting_landesman.single.html)
- Buy Parkland on Blu-Ray here: http://amzn.to/1cOelUJ
- Forbes Article: “Fruitvale Station is loose with the facts in an effort to elicit sympathy for Oscar Grant” (http://www.forbes.com/sites/kylesmith/2013/07/25/fruitvale-station-is-loose-with-the-facts-in-an-effort-to-elicit-sympathy-for-oscar-grant/)