RIGHT CLICK IMAGE, SAVE LINK AS TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE…
OV139 – Project Greenlight and The Leisure Class, San Andreas, Two Night Stand, and Agents of SHIELD season 3
This week Tiny and I review the latest season of Project Greenlight and the HBO film born from the show: Jason Mann’s The Leisure Class. Then, for potpourri, Tiny offers his thoughts on San Andreas, and I gush upon romcom Two Night Stand and returning series Agents of SHIELD.
Direct Download Link: http://traffic.libsyn.com/obsessiveviewer/OV139-LeisureClass.mp3
- Show Start – 00:19
- Starbase Indy Announcement – 00:45
- Introducing the topic – 02:34
- Matt on Project Greenlight in general – 03:52
- Matt on Project Greenlight Season 4 – 06:42
- The Leisure Class Review – 27:26
Potpourri – 48:37
- Tiny: Titanic Anecdote (“Titanic-dote?”) – 49:10
- Matt: Two Date Night – 52:18
- Tiny: San Andreas – 1:01:20
- Matt: Agents of SHIELD season 3 – 1:08:47
- “Netflix Pick”-ing Next Week’s Topic – 1:12:22
- Stinger: Kevin Pollack Outtake – 1:20:53
- Pre-Recorded Outro – 1:21:24
Let us know what you think!
I was a member of the original Project Greenlight (PGL) messageboard community that was run by Matt and Ben. Maybe it was the newness of the original concept that got me, but this season was a huge disappointment. And, The Leisure Class was unwatchable.
You know, it’s kind of funny because I love love love PGL as a concept and I enjoyed this season overall. But the more I think about it, the more kind of letdown I was by it. At the least, it seemed too streamlined and not as comprehensive as I would have liked.
Have you watched The Chair on Starz? I’m going to watch it soon but it sounds like a great alternative to PGL. Two directors are given the same script and the show documents how each director handles creating the movie separately.
I agree, it was very streamlined. The first couple of seasons were longer and the viewer could really get into the entire process. Then, it went off the air for, at least 10 yrs, and resurfaced with this hard to watch season. I don’t get Starz, but it sounds very interesting
Yeah. I hope if they do another season, they expand it more.
LikeLiked by 1 person