In “Men, Women & Children”, director Jason Reitman navigates the waters of human relationships and delivers a poignant and witty film about how we conduct ourselves in “private.” The movie takes the perspective of several teenagers and their parents who all intersect here and there in a Texas town. The movie was adapted from the novel of the same name by Chuck Kultgen. Continue reading
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, 2007 - ★★★½ September 27, 2020What a ride. Glad I didn't know much about the plot. Very cool surprises and intense violence. I liked it.
- Eat Wheaties!, 2020 - ★★★ September 27, 2020Watched on Saturday September 26, 2020.
- Picture Character, 2019 - ★★★½ September 25, 2020👁 🤔 🎦 👍🎟️ 📧 ♥🛬2️⃣0️⃣2️⃣0️⃣
- The Trial of the Chicago 7, 2020 - ★★★½ September 25, 2020The lack of a conventional summer movie season (and the overall disappointing crop of movies this year has offered) has me clamoring for awards season. The Trial of the Chicago 7 is a solid start to awards season. It hits the marks you expect it to hit. Sorkin's choice to hold back on showing the riots until the trial is well underway is a gamble that p […]
- In Case of Emergency, 2020 - ★★★½ September 23, 2020Powerful showcase of the wide variety of emergency department nursing. It's very effective in showing the strength and knowledge that goes into this line of work. Freaking heroes.Screening virtually at the 29th Heartland Film Festival from Oct. 8-18. Will also screen at Tibbs Drive-In on Oct. 15.
- The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, 1920 - ★★★★½ September 22, 2020It feels like you're watching the blueprint for an entire genre of movies. Mesmerizing.
- Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, 2007 - ★★★½ September 27, 2020