In “Men, Women & Children”, director Jason Reitman navigates the waters of human relationships and delivers a poignant and witty film about how we conduct ourselves in “private.” The movie takes the perspective of several teenagers and their parents who all intersect here and there in a Texas town. The movie was adapted from the novel of the same name by Chuck Kultgen. Continue reading
- Raya and the Last Dragon, 2021 - ★★½ March 7, 2021Beautiful animation and good voice acting. I just wasn't engaged by the story all that much.
- Captain Marvel, 2019 - ★★★★ March 5, 2021Holds up well. Super fun with some cool action.
- Wet Hot American Summer, 2001 - ★★★★ March 2, 2021Watched on Monday March 1, 2021.
- Cléo from 5 to 7, 1962 - ★★★½ February 23, 2021Beautiful movie. It took a while for me to really get into it but the complete shift in Cleo's day is really well showcased. The ending worked very well for me.
- Ikiru, 1952 - ★★★★★ February 22, 2021Watched on Sunday February 21, 2021.
- Apt Pupil, 1998 - ★★ February 6, 2021Part of my low rating may be due to having just finished re-reading the novella before watching this for the first time. King is very hard to adapt and Apt Pupil makes a solid effort. Some things are streamlined, some dropped entirely. The finished product is just okay, though. I very rarely connected with Brad Renfro's performance. It seems like the ma […]
- Raya and the Last Dragon, 2021 - ★★½ March 7, 2021