In “Men, Women & Children”, director Jason Reitman navigates the waters of human relationships and delivers a poignant and witty film about how we conduct ourselves in “private.” The movie takes the perspective of several teenagers and their parents who all intersect here and there in a Texas town. The movie was adapted from the novel of the same name by Chuck Kultgen. Continue reading
- Between Two Ferns: The Movie, 2019 - ★★★ September 21, 2019I've been looking forward to this. It's a solid comedy that's light hearted and hits more than it misses.
- Ad Astra, 2019 - ★★★★½ September 20, 2019Watched on Thursday September 19, 2019.
- Brittany Runs a Marathon, 2019 - ★★★★ September 19, 2019Really enjoyed this. Jillian Bell is amazing. The movie creates character drama really well.
- It Chapter Two, 2019 - ★★★★ September 15, 2019Had several issues after my first viewing last week. Those issue are mostly still present, but I enjoyed it a bit more the second time. Still not as good as the Chapter One, and obviously not as good as the book. But I'm okay with the finished product.
- Rapid Response, 2019 - ★★★½ September 10, 2019Tons of archival footage and a really interesting look at the evolution of medical services in motorsports. There's a unique resonance for me since I'm from Speedway, where the Indy 500 is ran. Even though I've never been a racing fan, per se, I do admire what goes into the sport. This is an interesting look at an aspect of it that is easily o […]
- Wet Hot American Summer, 2001 - ★★★★ September 9, 2019Watched on Sunday September 8, 2019.
- Between Two Ferns: The Movie, 2019 - ★★★ September 21, 2019