I had a pretty good June as far as movie-watching is concerned. I didn’t break any records (2008 – 25 viewings) but I did triple my numbers from last year’s paltry 6 viewings. I made good progress in my Bond set and managed some memorable theater viewings. All in all not a bad month. You can see the full chronological list of my June viewings here. Continue reading
- Us, 2019 - ★★★★ October 17, 2019Watched on Thursday October 17, 2019.
- Marriage Story, 2019 - ★★★★★ October 17, 2019Marriage Story blew me away. The performances are astounding. There's a scene between Driver and Johansson late in the film that packs such a punch that I'll be thinking about it for a while.Full review will be posted on ObsessiveViewer.com soon.
- In Fabric, 2018 - ★★★ October 16, 2019Man, I really don't know what to make of this one. It's a pretty audacious throwback to a certain 70s horror aesthetic. The set design and score feels like it's right out of the 1970s, evoking memories of Suspiria and a bit of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. But the editing and sound design were the high points. Tension builds in a scene involvi […]
- Get Out, 2017 - ★★★★½ October 15, 2019Watched on Monday October 14, 2019.
- Romantic Comedy, 2019 - ★★★ October 13, 2019Solid examination of the tropes and trappings of the romantic comedy genre and the adverse effects it has on society's and individual's views and expectations for real world relationships.It's shown entirely through clips from romantic comedies with voice over narration from several people. Unfortunately, there's no context given for who […]
- The Conjuring, 2013 - ★★★ October 13, 2019Watched on Sunday October 13, 2019.
- Us, 2019 - ★★★★ October 17, 2019