- Rise of the Planet of the Apes, 2011 - ★★★½ January 16, 2020Hadn't seen Rise since 2014. Dawn is still easily the best of the three. The actions of the humans are questionable but the mo-cap work is still impressive.
- Knives Out, 2019 - ★★★★½ January 13, 2020Watched on Monday January 13, 2020.
- The Son of Kong, 1933 - ★½ January 13, 2020I appreciate the lighter tone compared to the original film. But there's really nothing holding this together as it feels like a hastily made cash-in of a sequel.
- King Kong, 1933 - ★★★½ January 11, 2020For a movie that's almost 90 years old, the effects in King Kong are still impressive. Sure, they look dated and the stop motion work is awkward, but the scope of the movie is still impressive. The wide shots that use perspective to show the scale of Kong and the dinosaurs in relation to the humans still look pretty good and make the set pieces gripping […]
- Marriage Story, 2019 - ★★★★★ January 6, 2020Watched on Monday January 6, 2020.
- Avengers: Endgame, 2019 - ★★★★★ January 6, 2020Watched on Sunday January 5, 2020.
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes, 2011 - ★★★½ January 16, 2020
Tag Archives: rob zombie
[OBSESSIVE NOTE] Check out Tiny’s latest batch of Shocktober reviews! For more Shocktober-related content, check out the official Shocktober page of the site. And don’t forget to check out Tiny on The Obsessive Viewer Podcast.
– Matt (@ObsessiveViewer)
OBSESSIVE NOTE: In honor of Shocktober here on the blog, I asked my friends and podcast co-hosts to write about their experiences with this sacred tradition. Tiny’s approach was to collect his thoughts on the movies he watches this month and release them in groups. Here is the first installment of Tiny’s Shocktober Musings.