I really dropped the ball this weekend. I intended to write and post this as a Streaming Saturday but I ran out of time. Then on Sunday I wanted to write it but only after I posted my review of its predecessor, The Collector. I thought I could squeeze in my weekly TV write up first, but that ended up taking a lot of time so alas, it is Monday and here is my review/Streaming recommendation for 2012’s The Collection. Enjoy. Continue reading
- Blinded by the Light, 2019 - ★★★ November 22, 2019Fairly charming coming of age story with some interesting uses of Bruce Springsteen's music. The drama between Javed and his family is pretty standard coming of age movie fare and doesn't really break any new ground. Not that it necessarily needs to. The story is satisfying enough to carry the movie through some tropes and undercooked subplots. But […]
- Frozen, 2013 - ★★½ November 21, 2019Meh. This was the first time watching Frozen since, I think, 2013 or 2014. I wasn't terribly impressed by it the first time I saw it. But I gained a slight appreciation of it this time around. Really, the music is what makes this movie stand out. The story has never really hooked me. It's fine, at the end of the day, though.
- Knives Out, 2019 - ★★★★½ November 21, 2019Watched on Wednesday November 20, 2019.
- The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, 2019 - ★★½ November 20, 2019I think after The LEGO Movie and The LEGO Batman Movie, (I never saw the other ones) this franchise has kind of lost its luster for me. It's still a fun concept but The LEGO Movie 2 doesn't really embraces the imagination of it all. The sibling storyline doesn't have the emotional resonance that the movie should give it.The animation is good a […]
- Jojo Rabbit, 2019 - ★★★★½ November 20, 2019Lovely satire that is hilarious and heartfelt. Really beautiful film.
- Love, Antosha, 2019 - ★★★★½ November 19, 2019I should not have watched this at work. It's heartbreaking and incredibly insightful into who Anton Yelchin was and the talent that left the world when he passed away.Tons of footage is used to immortalize Yelchin's spirit and is combined with truly beautiful accounts from his friends and colleagues about him. This documentary is such a beautiful l […]
- Blinded by the Light, 2019 - ★★★ November 22, 2019