Contributing writers to The Obsessive Viewer
Donate to Help Support Us!
Shocktober in Irvington
Matt’s Twilight Zone Podcast
Visit our “Sister Site”:
Archives by Month
Check out the Podcast on Stitcher
Top Posts & Pages
- La La Land, 2016 - ★★★★ January 2, 2017I really loved this movie. It's beautiful, joyful, and bittersweet. The musical numbers and dance sequences are really energetic and impressively choreographed. The ending is very moving in a way that I really wasn't expecting and the chemistry between Gosling and Stone is phenomenal. Loved it.
- Collateral Beauty, 2016 - ★ January 2, 2017Holy shit, this movie was an abomination. The trailer presents a Christmas Carol style movie about a grieving man. But the actual movie is much more disturbingly cruel and is actually self-aware enough to comment on how cruel it's being. But it's still presented as a feel good holiday drama. This is a really perplexing and offensively terrible movi […]
- Captain America: Civil War, 2016 - ★★★★ January 2, 2017Watched on Sunday December 25, 2016.
- Don't Think Twice, 2016 - ★★★½ January 2, 2017Funny, endearing, and depicts change within a group dynamic in such an earnest way. Mike Birbiglia handles an ensemble cast of characters so well and gives each character their own dimension and motivations. Really dug the movie.
- La La Land, 2016 - ★★★★ January 2, 2017