In “Men, Women & Children”, director Jason Reitman navigates the waters of human relationships and delivers a poignant and witty film about how we conduct ourselves in “private.” The movie takes the perspective of several teenagers and their parents who all intersect here and there in a Texas town. The movie was adapted from the novel of the same name by Chuck Kultgen. Continue reading
- Godzilla vs. Kong, 2021 - ★★★ April 7, 2021The visual effects and destruction/battle sequences were really fantastic and looked incredible. Suffers from too many under developed human subplots and eye rolling logic I couldn't quite suspend my disbelief for. Still quite a bit of fun.Podcast review on The Obsessive Viewer will come out probably tomorrow.
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters, 2019 - ★★★ April 6, 2021First time seeing it since the theater and I'm surprised to find I liked it quite a bit more than I remember. Solid monster movie.
- In the Tall Grass, 2019 - ★★½ April 5, 2021Rewatched to record a commentary track for my Patreon.I was pretty forgiving of this movie the first time I saw it. While I still respect some of the visuals and jumps into surreal visions, as an overall movie, it just didn't really hold up that well.I love the concept (and dig the novella as well), but the movie takes this confused "lost in supern […]
- Kong: Skull Island, 2017 - ★★★½ April 5, 2021Really liked the time period, the location, and just the overall scale of Kong. All of that was really eye popping. Pretty solid all around.
- Godzilla, 2014 - ★★★ April 4, 2021First time seeing it since it was in theaters. I appreciate it a bit more this time. It's jaw droppingly gorgeous at times and the monster fighting it really cool. Surprisingly, in a movie with so much darkness, it doesn't feel like it's using dim lighting to skimp on visual effects. Instead, it uses it to conceal and put some cool lighting ef […]
- Se7en, 1995 - ★★★★★ April 4, 2021It's been a while since I watched this and man does it hold up. Such a great movie.
- Godzilla vs. Kong, 2021 - ★★★ April 7, 2021