Yikes. I did not watch hardly any TV this week. This is highly unusual for me. I should explain that I had a very busy week and Shocktober viewings took precedence over television. As a result, I watched three things. Read my thoughts below and prepare yourselves for a much longer entry next weekend seeing as I will have plenty of catching up to do this week. Continue reading
- Wet Hot American Summer, 2001 - ★★★★ March 2, 2021Watched on Monday March 1, 2021.
- Cléo from 5 to 7, 1962 - ★★★½ February 23, 2021Beautiful movie. It took a while for me to really get into it but the complete shift in Cleo's day is really well showcased. The ending worked very well for me.
- Ikiru, 1952 - ★★★★★ February 22, 2021Watched on Sunday February 21, 2021.
- Apt Pupil, 1998 - ★★ February 6, 2021Part of my low rating may be due to having just finished re-reading the novella before watching this for the first time. King is very hard to adapt and Apt Pupil makes a solid effort. Some things are streamlined, some dropped entirely. The finished product is just okay, though. I very rarely connected with Brad Renfro's performance. It seems like the ma […]
- The Swerve, 2018 - ★★½ February 4, 2021Watched on Wednesday February 3, 2021.
- Shaun of the Dead, 2004 - ★★★★½ February 1, 2021Recorded another commentary track for our $5 Patreon level. I love this movie so much. It's still the best of the Cornetto trilogy for me.
- Wet Hot American Summer, 2001 - ★★★★ March 2, 2021